Remark: You need to be registered and logged in, in order to download the files below! If you are not logged in you will get the error: "An error occurred while accessing the requested resource."
1. Download the *.zip and *.pdf files
2. Download the latest Java Runtime Environment Follow the link http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase7-521261.html to download java 1.7 jre (e.g. the jre-7u11-windows-i586.exe) 3. Create a 'fews-course' directory somewhere on your system And move/copy the following downloaded files here:
4. Create a subdirectory 'exercise_answers' underneath 'fews-course' And extract the following file here:
5. Navigate back to the 'fews-course' directory and create a subdirectory 'test_data' And extract the following file here:
6. Create a 'fews' directory at the same level as the 'fews-course' directory on your system And move/copy the following downloaded files here:
7. Navigate into this directory 8. Install the java runtime environment Doubleclick the 'jre-7u11-windows-i586.exe' and follow the instruction in such a way that you have a extracted 'jre' directory underneath the 'fews' directory 9. Unzip the Delft-FEWS binaries Unzip the Delft-FEWS binaries 'bin_windows.zip'.
10. Unzip the Delft-FEWS application Unzip Delft-FEWS_Downloadable_package_FEWS_Application_Windows.zip The directory structure should look like this:
11. Start the application