iMOD Forum

To report a problem/bug or request a new feature,
please go to its subcategory in 'iMOD-GUI' or 'iMODFLOW' below

First-time users: please have a look here for info on the iMOD forum-principles.

« Back to User questions

River package and river import from MODFLOW

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
River package and river import from MODFLOW
river package modlfow import
Answer (Unmark)
7/5/17 2:23 PM
Hey guys,

I am trying to establish a river into my model. I created the necessary files for bottom, stage, inf factor and conductance with ISG-Edit. However, as soon as I try to run the model, an error occurs.I attached the list-file. All the related IDFs are assigned to layers automatically.

How do I properly import a river from MODFLOW 2005 into my model? Using the import function in iMOD does not work.

Best regards,
Christian
Attachments: log_v3_4.txt (13.9k)
RE: River package and river import from MODFLOW
Answer (Unmark)
7/8/17 12:53 PMas a reply to Christian Haars.
Hi Christian,

From the attached logfile I find out you run with iMODFLOW 3.4.
-> Are you aware version 3.6 was released recently?
I am not sure it will solve your issue but you can try.

From the logfile I can not derive what caused the error.
In your results directory there is another log file with the standard Modflow 2005 content.
You find it as <your result dir>\mf2005_tmp\*.list
-> if this file cannot help you find the problem, please share it in this forum.

You write about a problem importing a river from MODFLOW 2005.
This modflow import tool only supports the import of a complete model (not a single river file).
-> Please share the error message or error window and the forum community can maybe help.

To finalize; your write you created an ISG river file first, converted it into IDF grids and included it in the RUN file under the RIV module.
-> Did you consider to include the river in the RUN file under the ISG module referring to your *.isg file directly?

Kind regards,
Frans
RE: River package and river import from MODFLOW
Answer (Unmark)
7/12/17 11:52 AMas a reply to Frans Roelofsen.
Thanks for the answer, Frans. I did not try to include the river under ISG in the RUN file.

I just requested v3.6 and will then try the river tutorial first. Hopefully that will solve my issues and enable me to properly include the rivers into my model.

Best regards,
Christian