iMOD Forum

To report a problem/bug or request a new feature,
please go to its subcategory in 'iMOD-GUI' or 'iMODFLOW' below

First-time users: please have a look here for info on the iMOD forum-principles.

« Back to User questions

RE: Creating an IPF file outside iMOD

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Creating an IPF file outside iMOD
Answer (Unmark)
7/31/17 10:49 AM
Dear community,

which program do I need to create an IPF file outside iMOD myself? I want to inclucde data from wells into my model, but I do not want to enter all of them manually.

I have an excel file with the relevant data for X, Y and Q.

Second question:
Is it possible to manually change the coordinates of an IPF file?

Best regards,
Christian
Answer (Unmark)
7/31/17 4:04 PMas a reply to Christian Haars.
Hi Christian,
what I know, You can use any editor to create IPF files. I like the column-orientated editors, like NotePad++ or UltraEdit.

Good luck
Angela
Answer (Unmark)
8/1/17 7:55 AMas a reply to Angela P.
Angela P:
Hi Christian,
what I know, You can use any editor to create IPF files. I like the column-orientated editors, like NotePad++ or UltraEdit.

Good luck
Angela

Thanks for the answer. However, my problem is that I need to save the file as *.ipf. Getting the correct formatting in editor is not the issue. So far I haven't found a program that is able to store as *.ipf
Answer (Unmark)
8/15/17 4:27 PMas a reply to Christian Haars.
Dear Christian,

I prefer to work in EXCEL to create IPF files. Excel provides all kind of helpful functions I sometimes need to create my IPF files.

To answer your question: also EXCEL can not produce *.IPF files. The case is to save your data in any type of file as long as the content has the ASCII format.
Excel for instance can produce CSV files (or even *.txt or *.prn). Your editor produces another type of file from what I read.

In your Windows Explorer you can finally change the extension of your file manually to *.ipf.

Kind regards,
Frans
Answer (Unmark)
8/16/17 1:52 PMas a reply to Frans Roelofsen.
Thanks. This problem is solved now.