iMOD Forum

To report a problem/bug or request a new feature,
please go to its subcategory in 'iMOD-GUI' or 'iMODFLOW' below

First-time users: please have a look here for info on the iMOD forum-principles.

« Back to Report a problem / bug

Problem running in Win 10 Pro

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Problem running in Win 10 Pro
Answer (Unmark)
10/3/17 11:19 PM
Dear all,

I am trying to make my first model using iMOD following the instruction video step by step. However, I got some problems:

1. when I import file "island.gen", the name of polygons are not correct (named SHAPE 1 to SHAPE 8) - please see Fig 1
2. when I generate the idf, the field visualized is always SHAPEID even Level is applied - please see Fig 2
3. when I create GEN, only first polygon is accepted, other will be not assigned properties such as ID, name, ... even declared already. - please Fig 3
4. when I install in drive D, program often stop suddenly and I have to install in drive C.

Please help me to figure out those problems, I run version 4.0.1 in Window 10 Pro.

Thank you for help
Tan
Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachments: 1.png (514.0k), 2.png (1,301.5k), 3.png (248.5k)
RE: Problem running in Win 10 Pro
Answer (Unmark)
10/5/17 10:03 AMas a reply to tan vu.
Hi,

I've noticed before that your country-settings might be a problem. iMOD assumes that comma's are delimiters in files and dots are decimal delimiters. Reading a GEN file or any other file in iMOD gives you a problem in that case. Could you verify that?

Regards,
Peter Vermeulen
Answer (Unmark)
10/5/17 10:36 PMas a reply to Peter Vermeulen.
Hi Peter,

Right, it is true as in the image attaching, how can I fix it?

Many thanks,
Tan
Attachment

Attachments: 1.png (20.7k)
Answer (Unmark)
10/11/17 10:14 PMas a reply to tan vu.
Hi,

I think you need to check your regional settings via the Control Panel of your computer. Then select the option [Region and Language] and then the from the tab [Formats] the option [Additional Settings], here you can see how decimal points are defined.

Kind regards,
Peter
Attachment

Attachments: tmp.png (98.0k)
Answer (Unmark)
10/17/17 10:42 PMas a reply to Peter Vermeulen.
Hi Peter,

I tried but not success, I will try in another computer and hope it works.

Thank you