iMOD Forum

To report a problem/bug or request a new feature,
please go to its subcategory in 'iMOD-GUI' or 'iMODFLOW' below

First-time users: please have a look here for info on the iMOD forum-principles.

« Back to User Questions

RE: Problem Model Simulation

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Problem Model Simulation
Answer (Unmark)
1/18/18 11:12 PM
Hi,

I run the model, however in the MODEL Folder of this simulation I only get this folder [mf2005_tmp]. I run exactly the same model (without the well and Overland Flow) and it worked.
Can you help me, please?

Thanks,

Franzi
Attachments: IMODFLOW.RUN (11.4k), IMODFLOW.list (95.1k)
RE: Problem Model Simulation
Answer (Unmark)
1/22/18 12:06 PMas a reply to Franziska Gebhard.
Hello Franzi,

Let's see if we can help you.
First, the folder mf2005_tmp is always created while running iMODFLOW.
It contains the model files converted to Modflow 2005 files (e.g. *.bas6, *.rch, *.wel)
And it contains the *.list file you attached.
From the last line in that *.list file I conclude that the simulation was completed.

You write that the model will only run without the WEL and OLF module. How do you conclude that?
This because from the LIST file I read that the WEL module is active; check that a WEL component is available in the table with the VOLUMETRIC BUDGET.

I also read through your RUN file and found out that at the moment no output/results (e.g. head, budgets) will be written.
If you like to check some results you can change the output settings in Data Set 8 (see also chapter 10.9 of the manual).
This is an example for your RUN file in case you like to check the Heads of layer 1 and 8 and the Abstraction of layer 9:

ACTIVE MODULES
1 0 (TOP)
1 0 (BOT)
1 0 (BND)
1 2 1 8 (SHD)
1 0 (KHV)
1 0 (KVA)
1 0 (KVV)
1 1 9 (WEL)
1 0 (RCH)
1 0 (OLF)

Kind regards,