Deltares released RTC-Tools 2.0.0-beta1 on Friday, October 7th 2017.
This is a beta release in preparation for the 2.0 release, which is scheduled for later this year.
The 2.x series features:
* A new focus on multi-objective optimization using lexicographic goal programming, to facilitate sequential optimization of prioritized goals. The traditional weighting method is also still available.
* An extensible model library using the industry standard Modelica modelling language. This opens the door to multidisciplinary modelling and optimization.
* Support for forecast ensembles, analogous to RTC-Tools 1.x.
* Optional CSV file I/O.
* Optional Delft-FEWS file I/O.
* Efficient computation of Jacobians and Hessians using the CasADi framework.
* A Python API, for programmatic creation of complex optimization problems.
* The model library has been redone to encourage convex formulations of optimization problems.
Note that RTC-Tools 2.x is not backwards compatible with RTC-Tools 1.x.