The software development process of Delft-FEWS is fed by several important sources:
- developments in the framework of new implementations
- new ideas from existing Delft-FEWS users
- new features initiated by the Deltares development team
- necessary improvements of the base code and refactoring
- New ideas are shared among the community and are picked up jointly and where possible Deltares optimises available resources in the community.
- The following diagram shows systematically how the developments eventually become part of the newest release (click and show graph below)
Delft-FEWS is released in two stable versions each year. Working towards these releases several activities take place in a returning cycle. Testing forms a crucial part of this cycle.
Delft-FEWS software development is supported by a collection of specialist software tools, widely used within Deltares and outside.