Forum

View gridded results and track data together ["Displays"]["SpatialDisplay"]

FL
Fay Luxford, modified 1 Year ago.

View gridded results and track data together ["Displays"]["SpatialDisplay"]

Keen Forecaster Posts: 4 Join Date: 4/3/18 Recent Posts
Hi,How do I display track data on top of gridded data in the Spatial Data display please? I want to show a typhoon track on to of the modelled storm surge the track produces. Please find an extracted gridPlot from my spatial display. Currently I have a dataLayer followed by a trackLayer but only the dataLayer is displayed. I tried changing the order but this caused FEWS to stop showing the Spatial Data tab entirely! When I display the track data in a separate gridPlot it works.CheersFay
GB
Gerben Boot, modified 1 Year ago.

RE: View gridded results and track data together ["Displays"]["SpatialDispl

Keen Forecaster Posts: 3 Join Date: 6/5/12 Recent Posts
Hi Fay. From the configuration example I noticed that you are displaying two layers with different timesteps (1hr timestep and 6 hr timestep). Only at the overlapping timestamps (0-6-12-18 etc) both datalayers will be visible. If you switch on the checkbox called "Last Value" you should be able to display both for all timesteps. More info: https://publicwiki.deltares.nl/display/FEWSDOC/05+Spatial+Display#id-05SpatialDisplay-LastValueCheckbox and how to show this checkbox, see https://publicwiki.deltares.nl/display/FEWSDOC/01+Grid+Display#id-01GridDisplay-Accumulation/MovingAveragesliderorLastValueCheckbox. Hope this helps!
(Remark: the links I copied in are not displayed correctly...please copy the complete link from the text above and paste it in a (new) browser tab to end up at the correct section on the page)
FL
Fay Fishford, modified 1 Year ago.

Thanks for your response Gerben unfortunately I cannot see the track layer for any timesteps so ticking the Last Value box doesn't change it.
GB
Gerben Boot, modified 1 Year ago.

Keen Forecaster Posts: 3 Join Date: 6/5/12 Recent Posts
Hi Fay. There must be a way to share your complete SA environment (Config + datastore) with us, so we can have a look. Let me know your preferred way to share files. Via JBA - Deltares FTP? Or I can send you a Secure FTP link which you can use to upload the (zipped) files. In case of the latter size is not much of an issue. 
FL
Fay Fishford, modified 10 Months ago.

If any one is wondering, the result is that you cannot display track data over gridded data in the Spatial Display.