Forum

RE: View gridded results and track data together ["Displays"]["SpatialDispl

FL
Fay Luxford, modified 22 Days ago.

View gridded results and track data together ["Displays"]["SpatialDisplay"]

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 4/3/18 Recent Posts
Hi,How do I display track data on top of gridded data in the Spatial Data display please? I want to show a typhoon track on to of the modelled storm surge the track produces. Please find an extracted gridPlot from my spatial display. Currently I have a dataLayer followed by a trackLayer but only the dataLayer is displayed. I tried changing the order but this caused FEWS to stop showing the Spatial Data tab entirely! When I display the track data in a separate gridPlot it works.CheersFay
GB
Gerben Boot, modified 22 Days ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 6/5/12 Recent Posts
Hi Fay. From the configuration example I noticed that you are displaying two layers with different timesteps (1hr timestep and 6 hr timestep). Only at the overlapping timestamps (0-6-12-18 etc) both datalayers will be visible. If you switch on the checkbox called "Last Value" you should be able to display both for all timesteps. More info: https://publicwiki.deltares.nl/display/FEWSDOC/05+Spatial+Display#id-05SpatialDisplay-LastValueCheckbox and how to show this checkbox, see https://publicwiki.deltares.nl/display/FEWSDOC/01+Grid+Display#id-01GridDisplay-Accumulation/MovingAveragesliderorLastValueCheckbox. Hope this helps!
(Remark: the links I copied in are not displayed correctly...please copy the complete link from the text above and paste it in a (new) browser tab to end up at the correct section on the page)
FL
Fay Fishford, modified 21 Days ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 4/3/18 Recent Posts
Thanks for your response Gerben unfortunately I cannot see the track layer for any timesteps so ticking the Last Value box doesn't change it.
GB
Gerben Boot, modified 15 Days ago.

Youngling Posts: 2 Join Date: 6/5/12 Recent Posts
Hi Fay. There must be a way to share your complete SA environment (Config + datastore) with us, so we can have a look. Let me know your preferred way to share files. Via JBA - Deltares FTP? Or I can send you a Secure FTP link which you can use to upload the (zipped) files. In case of the latter size is not much of an issue.