Answers and configuration examples of the Basic Course
2. Create a 'fews-demo' folder somewhere on your system
Navigate into that folder and create two more folders in there:
3. Navigate into the fews-demo\fews folder
Extract the following downloaded file here: fews_basic_linux.tar.gz by using the linux command.
tar xvfz fews_basic_linux.tar.gz
4. Navigate into the fews-demo\course-materials folder
Extract the following downloaded files here: Presentations.zip and Exercises answers.zip
When extracted, the folders structure should look like the figure below.
5. Open the Exercises.pdf
In \fews-demo\course-materials\Presentations\ folder, the Exercises.pdf can be found.
Open it and please make sure you complete Exercise 0 first. Please process slide 1-4 of this document.
6. Start the Delft-FEWS application
To start Delft-FEWS on LINUX you need to do the following:
Navigate into the fews folder by using the linux command (assuming you are in the fews-demo folder)
initiate the the run.sh script by using the linux command
7. Open the Delft-FEWS Basic Course Introduction.pdf In \fews-demo\course-materials\Presentations\ folder, the Delft-FEWS Basic Course Introduction.pdf can be found. Open this document and start working from slide 1. All exercises will be mentioned and details can be found in the Exercises.pdf. All exercise answers can be found in: /fews-demo/course-materials/Exercise answers.