Migration status

  • Home Page: Activity map.

intro story DELWAQ

DELWAQ

DELWAQ is the engine of the D-Water Quality and D-Ecology programmes of the Delft3D suite. It is based on a rich library from which relevant substances and processes can be selected to quickly put water and sediment quality models together.

The processes library covers many aspects of water quality and ecology, from basic tracers, dissolved oxygen, nutrients, organic matter, inorganic suspended matter, heavy metals, bacteria and organic micro-pollutants, to complex algae and macrophyte dynamics. High performance solvers enable the simulation of long periods, often required to capture the full cycles of the processes being modelled.

The finite volume approach underlying DELWAQ allows it to be coupled to both the structured grid hydrodynamics of the current Delft3D-FLOW engine and the upcoming D-Flow Flexible Mesh engine (1D-2D-3D) of the Delft3D Flexible Mesh Suite (or even other models such as TELEMAC).

'DELWAQ in open source' is our invitation to all leading experts to collaborate in further development and research in the field of water quality, ecology and morphology using Delft3D. Feel free to post your DELWAQ related questions or comments in this dedicated forum space. If you are new to DELWAQ, the tutorial (in the user manual) is a good place to start. A list of DELWAQ related publications is available here.

** PLEASE TAG YOUR POST! **

 

 

Sub groups
D-Flow Flexible Mesh
DELWAQ

Cohesive sediments & muddy systems

 


Message Boards

compilation and linking problems....

U
George Mitchell, modified 2 Years ago.

compilation and linking problems....

I am attempting to install delft3d open from a tagged version which I understand is stable. I am using VS2012 and Intel 2017. In the downloaded files was a Python file prepare_sln.py which I understand prepares the solution files for the compiler. That ran OK, however, when I ran the solution files through the compiler it generated over 700 errors, 900 warnings and 55 remarks. Most appear to be of the form "Error 1025 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 nefis.lib(gp.obj)" so I checked the FAQs and noted that the correct IFORT has to be referenced in the vcproj files. However, this is indeed correct in the files, but clearly these libraries are not being found. The warnings appear to relate to mismatched argument lists....but...first if anyone can help with the first 700 errors that would be excellent! The entire process took over 10 hours which seems a rather long time required to build a modelling system....