Migration status

  • Home Page: Activity map.

intro story DELWAQ

DELWAQ

DELWAQ is the engine of the D-Water Quality and D-Ecology programmes of the Delft3D suite. It is based on a rich library from which relevant substances and processes can be selected to quickly put water and sediment quality models together.

The processes library covers many aspects of water quality and ecology, from basic tracers, dissolved oxygen, nutrients, organic matter, inorganic suspended matter, heavy metals, bacteria and organic micro-pollutants, to complex algae and macrophyte dynamics. High performance solvers enable the simulation of long periods, often required to capture the full cycles of the processes being modelled.

The finite volume approach underlying DELWAQ allows it to be coupled to both the structured grid hydrodynamics of the current Delft3D-FLOW engine and the upcoming D-Flow Flexible Mesh engine (1D-2D-3D) of the Delft3D Flexible Mesh Suite (or even other models such as TELEMAC).

'DELWAQ in open source' is our invitation to all leading experts to collaborate in further development and research in the field of water quality, ecology and morphology using Delft3D. Feel free to post your DELWAQ related questions or comments in this dedicated forum space. If you are new to DELWAQ, the tutorial (in the user manual) is a good place to start. A list of DELWAQ related publications is available here.

** PLEASE TAG YOUR POST! **

 

 

Sub groups
D-Flow Flexible Mesh
DELWAQ

Cohesive sediments & muddy systems

 


Message Boards

Problems with DELWAQ-Output

SZ
Stephanie Zeunert, modified 4 Years ago.

Problems with DELWAQ-Output

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 6/2/14 Recent Posts
Hi everyone,

At the moment I’ve got a problem with the visualization of my results from the water quality model.
I calculated the hydrodynamics on a Linux cluster computer which used 2 nodes consisting of 8 CPUs each. For each partition (16 altogether) I got separate output files. With the program “ddcouple.exe” I obtained the WAQ coupling files. I used these to run my water quality model. But unfortunately now my map-file results look like the attached picture. Did I do anything wrong in the process of the model setup? Is there a way not to have these gaps in your output file?

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards
Stephanie
MJ
Michel Jeuken, modified 4 Years ago.

RE: Problems with DELWAQ-Output (Answer)

Jedi Knight Posts: 156 Join Date: 1/21/13 Recent Posts
Hi Stephanie,

When you run flow in parallel with automated domain decomposition, the domains contain ghostcells. You need to run ddcouple with the -parallel switch to remove these:

ddcouple <name>.ddb -parallel

It will be echoed in the log file of ddcouple, and you should obtain the original grid again (as if you didn't run in parallel). You can check this by doing a (short) non parallel run on the same grid, and compare the lga and cco-file with the result from ddcouple.

Newer versions of ddcouple interactively ask if it was a parallel flow run when you do not give any arguments, and enter the name of a ddb-file. Attached is ddcouple version 1.02.00.39551 of Apr 3 2015.

best regards,
Michel
SZ
Stephanie Zeunert, modified 4 Years ago.

RE: Problems with DELWAQ-Output

Youngling Posts: 14 Join Date: 6/2/14 Recent Posts
Hi Michel,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I will try out the new version of ddcouple.

Best regards
Stephanie