null

Message Boards

Possible bug with PCLT

ZZ
Zhenlin Zhang, modified 2 Years ago.

Possible bug with PCLT

Youngling Posts: 1 Join Date: 12/23/16 Recent Posts
I am using Delft3d HMWQ 4.02.03, which I think is the latest version.
When I used PCLT to construct a simple substances file and saved it, I found that sometimes I had trouble opening the substances.0 file again in PLCT. It gave an error 'PCLT stops working'.
And then I found the problem was with certain process abbreviations not recognized by PCLT and these abbreviations are: DEBGRZ_G3, DEBGRZ_G4, and DEBGRZ_G5.
For instance, I chose just one substance: oxygen, but without activating any processes, and then I save the substances file.
When I tried to open that file in PCLT, it failed with the error 'PCLT stops working'.
But when I removed the lines about the processes DEBGRZ_G3, DEBGRZ_G4, and DEBGRZ_G5 from the *.0 file, I could open the file correctly.

So to work around this issue, I could manually remove these problematic processes each time I wish to modify the substances file, but it would be great if this problem could be fixed. Or please also let me know if there is anything I have not done correctly that is possibly causing the error as well.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Michel Jeuken, modified 2 Years ago.

RE: Possible bug with PCLT (Answer)

Jedi Knight Posts: 156 Join Date: 1/21/13 Recent Posts
Thank you for your post. Wealso experienced this problem, and only last week found out why this was a problem. It has been fixed by an upgrade of the process library with revision 7072 of the open source code of Delft3D:

Issue DELFT3D-35104 PLCT crashes when PO4 is added to the list of substances, even when there are no processes. The .0 file from the PLCT uses the keyword 'active', but also reads the description of the processes word by word. The new grazing process contains the word active in it's description which lead to a crash. Because the reading is case sensitive, capitalisation of active is a quick workaround. The PLCT will be fixed later.

When you use our open source version, please update your code, and rebuild.