Migration status

Although the new site is live, work is still in progress to improve it.

Known issues:

1. Forums: The organization of (sub-)categories and threads is disrupted. Please use the search box inside the "Message boards" to navigate.

Message Boards

Tutorial 5 Kriging

NV
Nadine Vogel, modified 4 Years ago.

Tutorial 5 Kriging

Padawan Posts: 47 Join Date: 4/26/16 Recent Posts
Hello everyone,
Tutorial 5 works fine until I reach step 34. There I have to recompute the interfaces of the solid. iMod uses Kriging for this. But everytime I try it, my new solid has the same values for every interface. I read through the information about kriging in the manual. There it says, that the check option (in the compute interfaces window) is there to perform a consistency check upon the interfaces. It says, that interface i must be <= interface i-1. If this is not the case i becomes equal to the value of interface i-1.
My problem is, that for my recomputed solid the interfaces should not have equal values because the value of interface i of my solid is <= the value of i-1 (L1= -1, L2= -7, L3= -13, L4= -20).
Therefore I wanted to ask if there is an existing problem concerning the kriging interpolation and how I could solve it?
Kind regards,
Nadine
PV
Peter Vermeulen, modified 4 Years ago.

RE: Tutorial 5 Kriging (Answer)

Jedi Knight Posts: 135 Join Date: 11/11/13 Recent Posts
Hi Nadine,

I think that the problem is within the default Kriging Settings. The NUGGET-value is set on zero on default, however, that is not allowed by the Kriging algorithm. Yuo should at least specify a NUGGET of > 0.0, e.g. 0.1. Select the Kriging Properties to set the NUGGET-value.

I hope this will solve your problem, if not, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Peter Vermeulen
NV

RE: Tutorial 5 Kriging

Hi Peter,
yes this solved my problem with Kriging. Thank you very much.
Unfortunately it does not work out to start the model simulation then. It says "an error occured in starting your simulation". I had the same problem with Tutorial 4 before. But after restarting the tutorial several times it worked out somehow. But I don't think that I did anything differently. So for Tutorial 4 you already said, that there is a bug regarding the pathline simulation (that I could work around with an iMod Batch function).
I wonder, if there is also a bug regarding the plain model simulation? So that this would be the reason, why the model simulation doesn't work for me in Tutorial 5. And if there is a bug regarding the model simulation, if I could also work around that one as well?
Kind regards,
Nadine Vogel
PV
Peter Vermeulen, modified 4 Years ago.

RE: Tutorial 5 Kriging (Answer)

Jedi Knight Posts: 135 Join Date: 11/11/13 Recent Posts
Hi Nadine,

Please have a look at the threads:

http://oss.deltares.nl/web/imod/forum/-/message_boards/view_message/906033

http://oss.deltares.nl/web/imod/forum/-/message_boards/view_message/900936

an answer to your problem might be in those correspondences. If not, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards,

Peter Vermeulen
NV

Hi Peter,
thank you very much for your reply.
The model simulation worked now with the MINKD > 0.
Kind regards,
Nadine
IM
ios man, modified 1 Year ago.

Youngling Posts: 8 Join Date: 2/25/19 Recent Posts

It says "an error occured in starting your simulation". I had the same problem with Tutorial 4 before. But after restarting the tutorial several times it worked out somehow. But I don't think that I did anything differently. So for Tutorial 4 you already said, that there is a bug regarding the pathline simulation