Community header

Forum

Plotting river kilometers as streamwise axis

Victor Chavarrias, modified 5 Months ago.

Plotting river kilometers as streamwise axis

Famous Fortune teller Posts: 48 Join Date: 4/24/20 Recent Posts
Hi Claudia, 
For plotting river kilometers (rkm) as the streamwise axis, you can use the file that relates coordinates with rkm in the repository:
  • https://svn.oss.deltares.nl/repos/openearthmodels/trunk/riverlab/river_kilometers/rkm_rijntakken_rhein.csv
For each node (or link) you want to plot, you need to find which coordinate of the ones in the file is closest and get the associated rkm. A slightly added difficulty is that, when using a straitgh domain, the coordinates are meaningless. Hence, for each node to plot you first have to find the same node in the curved domain to then get the coordinate of the files. 
Luckily for you, I already did this and you only need to press F5. Check file D3D_main_plot (in the OET) and you will find the following input:
%% conversion to river kilometers
in_read.path_rkm="c:\Users\chavarri\OneDrive - Stichting Deltares\all\projects\river_kilometers\rijntakken\irm\rkm_rijntakken_rhein.csv";
in_read.rkm_curved="c:\Users\chavarri\OneDrive - Stichting Deltares\all\projects\river_kilometers\rijntakken\irm\rijn-flow-model_map_curved.nc";
in_read.rkm_TolMinDist=300; %tolerance for accepting an rkm point

Modify the paths and add these lines to your plotting script such that structure 'in_read' (or whatever you call it) passes to the calling function <D3D_read>. 

Let me know if there are any issues!
CY
Claudia Ylla Arbos, modified 5 Months ago.

RE: Plotting river kilometers as streamwise axis

Keen Forecaster Posts: 2 Join Date: 9/10/20 Recent Posts
Many thanks!
It's clear, though I'm afraid I don't have access to the curved domain. Is it publicly accessible -- or can I ask for it somewhere? 
Victor Chavarrias, modified 5 Months ago.

RE: Plotting river kilometers as streamwise axis

Famous Fortune teller Posts: 48 Join Date: 4/24/20 Recent Posts
f_005    curved j95
f_006    curved j11
f_007    curved j19 (including morphology)

Aren't these in the delivered runs?