Admin - test-community
- Layout of all pages is altered with CSS in the main page definition (Control Panel -> Pages -> Look and feel -> CSS)
- The showpage has a layout definition different then the other pages, therefore CSS definitions of the main site should also be added to this page
- elements in the showcases contain CSS
- News elements on the mainpage contain CSS
How to add a news message
In order to add a news message there are multiple options:
1) Go to manage in the top Liferay dock bar:
- go to the control panel
- go to web content
- add web content
2) In the list of news items, click on "add new" and then "web content":
- type your news item with title and abstract and body
- make sure to add the categorie "news mesage" under the tab "categorization".
- save the item as draft as long as it is not ready for publishing yet.
- publish the item once it is ready to be shown to the public.
- non-published items will not be shown to anyone but owners and administrators.
- all web content items can be found within the control panel - web content and editted there as well.
- you can retract web content by changing the status to draft.
You can delete this message when you have added actual news items.