Remark: You need to be registered and logged in, in order to download the files below! If you are not logged in you will get the error: "An error occurred while accessing the requested resource."
1. Download the *.tgz and *.pdf files
2. Download the latest Java Runtime Environment Follow the link https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html to download the latest java 1.6 jre (e.g. the jre-6u33-linux-i586.bin) 3. Create a 'fews-course' directory somewhere on your system And move/copy the following downloaded files here:
4. Create a subdirectory 'Exercise_Answers' underneath and extract the following file here:
tar xzvf Delft-FEWS_Downloadable_package_Course_Exercise_Answers.tgz
tar xzvf Delft-FEWS_Downloadable_package_Course_Test_Data.tgz
6. Create a 'fews' directory next to the 'fews-course' directory on your system and move/copy the following downloaded files here.
7. Navigate into this directory
8. Unpack and install the java runtime environment
mv jre1.6.0_33/ jre
9. Unpack the Delft-FEWS binaries and set executable flag for the *.sh file
tar xzvf bin_linux.tgz
chmod +x ./fews.sh
10. Unpack the Delft-FEWS application
tar xzvf Delft-FEWS_Downloadable_package_FEWS_Application_linux.tgz
The directory/file structure should look like this: : 11. Start the application