bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: Compile in Ubuntu

Benjamin Carrion, modified 4 Years ago.

Compile in Ubuntu

Capillary Posts: 5 Join Date: 8/4/14 Recent Posts
Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to compile XBeach on a fresh ubuntu machine.
The architecture is x86_64, and the OS is Ubuntu 14.04

After following the directions given here: http://oss.deltares.nl/web/xbeach/compile-code I have realized I'm able to compile XBeach alone using:
./configure
make
make install

However, if I try to install it with MPI or netCDF options, I got errors.
I have installed all the prerequisite packages, lots of them. I even compiled a fresh version of netcdf-fortran, but none of these seem to solve the problem.

I'm pretty much inclined to believe that this can be simply solved by right paths using PKG_CONFIG_PATH= and MPIFC=, but I can't find the right way.

Please, any advice or link to more information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Benjamin
CB
Cüneyt Baykal, modified 4 Years ago.

Wind Posts: 37 Join Date: 4/8/15 Recent Posts
Hi Benjamin,
any success with ubuntu ?
Arnold van Rooijen, modified 3 Years ago.

Swell Posts: 239 Join Date: 11/7/11 Recent Posts
Hi Ben,

Not sure if this is still an issue, since it has been a while since this post. But if it is, could you try the steps as explained by Hisham?: http://oss.deltares.nl/web/xbeach/forum/-/message_boards/view_message/1003831.

Cheers,
Arnold
WR
William Riley, modified 1 Month ago.

Capillary Posts: 3 Join Date: 2/5/20 Recent Posts
This information will definitely helpful for Ubuntu users and also for those who wants to install Ubuntu in their computer. Thanks a lot for describing here process of compile Ubuntu. William Riley,  who is providing best nursing essay writing service in UK.
GS
GHD SPORTS, modified 1 Month ago.

Capillary Posts: 1 Join Date: 2/20/20 Recent Posts
Hi there, everything is going fine here and of course every one is sharing information, that’s really excellent, keep up writing. https://www.ghdsports.net/download/
KP
Kevin Peterson, modified 17 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/13/20 Recent Posts
This is the first time that I visit here. I found so many exciting matters in this particular blog, One thing I would like to request you that pls keep posting such type of informative blog.  Top Gun Maverick Jacket
KB
kevin bear, modified 21 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 1 Join Date: 3/9/20 Recent Posts
I simply understand that all these male caracters like sonic, tails and knuckels are totally exposed this entire time. they just wearing shoes, what a style read more  James Bond Tuxedo
JM
Jorge Michael, modified 18 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/12/20 Recent Posts
they just wearing shoes, what a style read more Leather Jackets
JM
Jorge Michael, modified 18 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/12/20 Recent Posts
Thanks a lot for describing here process of compile Ubuntu. William Riley,  who is providing best Movie Jackets
KP
Kevin Peterson, modified 17 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/13/20 Recent Posts
I appreciate this blog your blog is vert help full for me i really enjoyed this stuff dude. Captain America Jacket