bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: Delft3D Grid Software Crashing

AW
Andrew Whitley, modified 3 Years ago.

Delft3D Grid Software Crashing

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 9/14/16 Recent Posts
I could certainly use some assistance with this. I'm trying to run RGFGRID under "Grid" in the Delft3D Menu (which I plan to use to setup the domain grid for XBeach), and I get the following error message (see attachment). Does anyone know why this error is occurring and how I can correct it? I have not done more than simply install the Delft3D_GUI from the .zip file and try to run the GUI (d3d_menu.bat). Do I need to install something else since it says it cannot find needed .dll files? Thanks!
KN
Kees Nederhoff, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Delft3D Grid Software Crashing (Answer)

Wind Posts: 41 Join Date: 3/3/14 Recent Posts
Hi Andrew,

The truth is that RGDGRID sometimes crashed. It is therefore important that you save all your intermediate files (i.e. splines, polygons etc.)

Good luck!

Cheers, Kees
AW
Andrew Whitley, modified 3 Years ago.

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 9/14/16 Recent Posts
Thank you very much for your reply!

I'm sorry to say that RGFGRID has never worked. I've never been able to get it run successfully. It doesn't just crash; it won't run at all. Am I missing necessary .dll files needed in order to get it to run? If not, how do I address this problem? Thanks!
Arnold van Rooijen, modified 3 Years ago.

Swell Posts: 239 Join Date: 11/7/11 Recent Posts
Hi Andrew,

I would suggest to post this question in the Delft3D forum: http://oss.deltares.nl/web/delft3d/forum

Although you are using RFGGrid for XBeach, it is part of the Delft3D modeling suite, so there are probably many people on the D3D-forum that may be able to help you on this.

Cheers,
Arnold