bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: Variable friction for waves

Giovanni Besio, modified 4 Years ago.

Variable friction for waves

Capillary Posts: 12 Join Date: 10/25/12 Recent Posts
Dear All,
I was wondering if there is any plan to implement a variable bed friction (fw) for the wave action equation depending on the location of domain (i.e. giving different friction for different areas)

Regards

Giovanni
Bas Hoonhout, modified 4 Years ago.

Infra-gravity Posts: 362 Join Date: 5/20/11 Recent Posts
No, but it should be straight forward to implement.

Bas
Arnold van Rooijen, modified 4 Years ago.

Swell Posts: 239 Join Date: 11/7/11 Recent Posts
Hi Giovanni,

Good news. A colleague of mine, Johan Reyns, implemented this recently (revision 4920). You can now specify the bed friction for waves using an fwfile. Note that this is not part of the official release version yet (Kingsday), but is included in the latest trunk.

Cheers,
Arnold
JA
Juan Amaya, modified 3 Years ago.

Capillary Posts: 1 Join Date: 11/10/15 Recent Posts
Hi Arnold,

could you give me an example of how to enter the "fwfile" the model, I need specify a profile with different fw but I could not do it.

Thanks.
Arnold van Rooijen, modified 3 Years ago.

Swell Posts: 239 Join Date: 11/7/11 Recent Posts
Hi Juan,

Not sure why it is not in the latest manual (guess we forgot), but it is very simple:

use the keyword fwfile = 'filename' in the params file and make sure the filename has the same size/format as your bathymetry (i.e. to have a fw value for each gridcell).

That should do the trick

Cheers
Arnold