bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: tutorial: using multiple data sources

CR
Claire Rydman, modified 3 Years ago.

tutorial: using multiple data sources

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 6/2/16 Recent Posts
I am working on 'setting up your model' tutorial and I can't find the files for the petten data. Please help, thank you

% obtain ArcGIS data from AHN25
[x1 y1 z1 info] = arc_asc_read('P:\1002266-xbeach\XBeachToolbox\data\petten\ahn25_petten.asc', 'zscale', 1);
Arnold van Rooijen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: tutorial: using multiple data sources (Answer)

Swell Posts: 239 Join Date: 11/7/11 Recent Posts
Hi Claire,

First of all, sorry for this late reply.

We have been having a few messages from people with similar errors. It seems related to the Matlab toolbox rather than XBeach. The tutorials you are referring to are pretty much outdated and we have started the process of renewing them.

That may still take a few weeks/months so for now I would recommend to use the manual (http://oss.deltares.nl/documents/48999/49476/XBeach_manual_Kingsday.pdf) for information/inspiration and try to set up a simple simulation for your case, rather than trying to reproduce the tutorials.

Apologies for the confusion.

Cheers,
Arnold
ZZ
Zhenwei Zhang, modified 3 Years ago.

Capillary Posts: 1 Join Date: 3/24/15 Recent Posts
Hi
I am learning how to simulate the beach evolution with hard layers. I also try to generate the input files as the manual. However, I could not find the datasets in the tutorial such as vaklodingen_petten.mat, ahn25_petten.asc, ahn5_petten.asc, ahn25_seawall.asc, So could you send a copy to me? My email zwzhang@mail.dlut.edu.cn

% obtain ArcGIS data from AHN25
[x1 y1 z1 info] = arc_asc_read('P:\1002266-xbeach\XBeachToolbox\data\petten\ahn25_petten.asc', 'zscale', 1);

% obtain ArcGIS data from AHN5 (higher resolution, smaller area)
[x2 y2 z2 info] = arc_asc_read('P:\1002266-xbeach\XBeachToolbox\data\petten\ahn5_petten.asc', 'zscale', 100);

% obtain preprocessed Vaklodingen data
S = load('P:\1002266-xbeach\XBeachToolbox\data\petten\vaklodingen_petten.mat');
x3 = S.x; y3 = S.y; z3 = S.z;

% merge the three bathymetries in order
[x y z] = xb_grid_merge('x', {x1 x2 x3}, 'y', {y1 y2 y3}, 'z', {z1 z2 z3});

% obtain ArcGIS data from AHN25 containing the non-erodable layers
% (seawall) and interpolate on merged grid
[x4 y4 z4 info] = arc_asc_read('P:\1002266-xbeach\XBeachToolbox\data\petten\ahn25_seawall.asc', 'zscale', 1);
ne = ~isnan(xb_grid_interpolate(x4, y4, z4, x, y));

% plot the merged bathymetry
pcolor(x, y, z); shading flat; axis equal; colorbar; snapnow;

Thanks Very Much
SY
sunny yadav, modified 29 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 3 Join Date: 3/1/20 Recent Posts
Here the available best simple tips text twist word unscrambler now join this site.
FM
Florah Melda, modified 26 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 4 Join Date: 3/4/20 Recent Posts
We not only provide Online Nursing Writing Services for our clients but help them understand Nursing Paper Writing Services procedures so that they can gain award winning Nursing Research Paper Writing Services knowledge.
MC
most carl, modified 17 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 1 Join Date: 3/14/20 Recent Posts
Nice to see this post here and thanks for sharing this to us. TCS Webmail is a mailing service, which has been developed by Tata Consultancy Services for its employees all over the world. Use the new address myapp tcs to login.