bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: Output only at t=0

NP
Naveen Kumar Parameswaran, modified 3 Years ago.

Output only at t=0

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 5/24/16 Recent Posts
Hello
I am a beginner in using Xbeach.
Things I did:
1.Downloaded the Xbeach executable file Kingsday release for X64 Windows(and extracted in the same directory as the model files)
2.Downloaded the toolbox and added it to Matlab
3. Matlab program(1D, After loading x and z files)

xbm = xb_generate_model('waves', {'Hm0', 2,'Tp', 6.5},'tide', {'time', [0, 18600, 36600, 46200, 63000, 74400, 81600,],'front', [0 1.0 1.52 1.52 0.85 0.85 0.71],'back', [0 0 0 0 0 0 0]},'bathy', {'x',x,'z',z,'xgrid',{'dxmin',0.5}},'settings', {'tstart', 0, 'tstop', 81600, 'tint', 60, 'gamma', 0.45, 'morfac', 5});
xb_write_input ('params.txt', xbm);
xbr = xb_run(xbm, 'name', 'xb_output');

4. Opened the xb_output folder
5. xb_view command

What I got:
I get the output only at t=0(initial) and get an error if I try to change the time bar(The time bar has only time 0)
Arnold van Rooijen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Output only at t=0

Swell Posts: 239 Join Date: 11/7/11 Recent Posts
Hi Naveen,

We have been having a few messages from people with similar errors. It seems related to the Matlab toolbox rather than XBeach. The tutorials you are referring to are pretty much outdated and we have started the process of renewing them.

That may still take a few weeks/months so for now I would recommend to use the manual (http://oss.deltares.nl/documents/48999/49476/XBeach_manual_Kingsday.pdf) for information/inspiration and try to set up a simple simulation for your case, rather than trying to reproduce the tutorials.

Apologies for the confusion.

Cheers,
Arnold