bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

Delft Grid to XBEach format to use Matlab Toolbox

CS
Constantin Schweiger, modified 3 Years ago.

Delft Grid to XBEach format to use Matlab Toolbox

Wind Posts: 26 Join Date: 1/20/17 Recent Posts
Hi all,

I've created a grid using RGFGrid and Quickin for XBeach. As I'm not sure whether the orientation, the boundaries etc are correct I want to use the function xb_visualize_modelsetup.

So at first I have to convert the grid and dep-file to the XBeach format using the functions xb_delft3d_wlgrid2xb and xb_delft3d_wldep2xb as Bas mentioned in anither thread (http://oss.deltares.nl/web/xbeach/forum/-/message_boards/view_message/258019).

My actual goal is to use the entire Matlab toolbox and hence need to have the input files in XBeach format (I guess)

But several problems/erros occur:

1) When I want to use xb_delft3d_wlgrid2xb it says that my file does not match Delft3D grid file format. But I just export my delft.grd file via RGFGRID or Quickin -> File -> Export -> Grid - so I think it has to be Delft3D format actually.

2) When using xb_delft3d_wldep2xb function I'm not sure about the variable I have to add to the function after the depfile which is denoted as "sz"?

Hope anyone can help!

Cheers,

Constantin
SM
sweetz mwtey, modified 3 Months ago.

RE: Delft Grid to XBEach format to use Matlab Toolbox

Capillary Posts: 16 Join Date: 12/4/19 Recent Posts
LD
Lauren Desouza, modified 1 Month ago.

Capillary Posts: 4 Join Date: 1/31/20 Recent Posts
Very useful topic you discover here and described about how to create a grid using RGFGrid and Quickin for XBeach.
Lauren,https://www.cvfolks.co.uk/
SK
Sanvi kumari, modified 10 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/19/20 Recent Posts
RM
Roj Merry, modified 10 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/19/20 Recent Posts
Thanks For Sharing this Information.
Good Friday Wishes 2020
Easter Poems 2020