bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

Why is "urms" calculated prior to the wave dissipation?

CB
Cyprien Bosserelle, modified 7 Years ago.

Why is "urms" calculated prior to the wave dissipation?

Capillary Posts: 0 Join Date: 11/22/11 Recent Posts
In the instationary wave step Urms is calculates from Uorb in line 553 but Uorb is calculated line 317 before the dissipation is applied to the wave energy. Why isn't urms calculated after the wave dissipation as in prior versions?
Thanks for clarifying.
Cyprien
Bas Hoonhout, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: Why is "urms" calculated prior to the wave dissipation?

Infra-gravity Posts: 362 Join Date: 5/20/11 Recent Posts
Hi Cyprien,

I guess what you mean is that uorb is based on H of the previous timestep. Now urms is based on uorb, urms is also based on the previous timestep instead of the current timestep. I think this is wrong.

You may try to move the computation of uorb to after the computations of H. uorb is a saved variable, so this shouldn't make a difference for the bed friction contribution and should fix the computation of urms.

I put the issue on our super new issue tracker: https://issuetracker.deltares.nl/browse/XBEACH-8. You might post a patch there.

Bas
CB
Cyprien Bosserelle, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: Why is "urms" calculated prior to the wave dissipation? (Answer)

Capillary Posts: 0 Join Date: 11/22/11 Recent Posts
Thnaks for the reply.
It is a quick fix, just need to uncomment line 539 in wave instationary.
Cheers
Cyprien
Bas Hoonhout, modified 7 Years ago.

Infra-gravity Posts: 362 Join Date: 5/20/11 Recent Posts
Ha! You are right, I looked over that one :-)
AJ
Agmus Jeremy, modified 2 Months ago.

Capillary Posts: 1 Join Date: 1/21/20 Recent Posts
As described by Digital Advertising Services, Surface waves play an influential role in the evolution and destruction of coral reefs. Waves drive mass transfer between the bent-hos and the water column above. They also force flows over and through reef systems. Finally, the breakage of corals and the transport of rubble are significant to the long-term growth of reefs. Likewise, coral reefs can play an important role in coastal regions serving as natural breakwaters dissipating as much as 97% of the incident wave energy.
DU
Dissertation Writing UK, modified 2 Months ago.

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/23/20 Recent Posts
Present-day there is a lot of students who are unable to complete their work for those student dissertation writing service has introduced the best dissertation help, so they can take guidance from our expert in completing their assignment.