bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

Confused with Eulerian velocity at leteral bounary

JZ
Jun Zhu, modified 2 Years ago.

Confused with Eulerian velocity at leteral bounary

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 6/29/15 Recent Posts
Hi, everyone,
I am trying to repeat the SantaRosa case in DSD_2014 folder download form the website. I found a weird thing when I look at Eulerian velocity at the north and south boundary. Fig. 1 is Eulerian velocity at north (Fig1a) and south (Fig1b) boundary for the original case (called case1 here) with the incident wave direction at 250 degree. Fig. 2 is the same as case1 except for incident wave direction at 290 degree (called case2 here). No matter what kinds of incident wave direction, the direction of Eulerian velocity at north boundary is normal to the shore. It looks like a ‘wall’ flow boundary at the north boundary and ‘neumann’ flow boundary at the south boundary. However, the default value ‘neumann’ is applied for both the north and south lateral boundaries. Hope anyone help me to figure out what’s wrong with that.
Thanks in advance!
Jun
JZ
Jun Zhu, modified 2 Years ago.

RE: Confused with Eulerian velocity at leteral bounary

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 6/29/15 Recent Posts
Is this a bug? Please help me to find out. Appreciate!