bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: Compiling xbeach without root permission (issue with mako package)

GD
Guillaume Dodet, modified 2 Years ago.

Compiling xbeach without root permission (issue with mako package)

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/5/15 Recent Posts
Dear Xbeach users,
I'm trying to compile revision 5201 on a cluster (linux-based) for which I don't have root permission. After generating the Makefile with the ./configure script, the make command crashes because it doesn't find the python Mako package. I downloaded the Mako tar file and extracted it in my local $home/lib directory, but I can't figure out how to tell python how to use the library. I updated the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the $PYTHONPATH but it didn't work.
Have you ever had this issue?
Thanks for your help,

Guillaume
U
Cody Johnson, modified 2 Years ago.

Hi Guillaume,

On the linux cluster I use, the administrators provide the anaconda python package and environment manager. This will allow you to locally install python packages from a repository without root. You might want to check if this is available to you. If it is, then you can use conda virtual environments to put the Mako package in your python path. After activating a virtual environment with Mako, make should be able to use it.

make puts some files in /tmp/mako_modules. If you don't have write access here, then you will have to hack the python scripts to point somewhere you can write to.

I did all this last week, so let me know if you have questions.

Cody
GD
Guillaume Dodet, modified 2 Years ago.

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 1/5/15 Recent Posts
Thanks for your help Cody.
Another option is to download the mako package and to copy the mako folder into the ~/trunk/scripts/ folder.
Not very elegant I reckon, but straight-forward.

Cheers,

Guillaume