When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

Back

Water levels keep falling

JB
Jenny Brown, modified 4 Months ago.

Water levels keep falling

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 8/2/16 Recent Posts
Hi all,

I've setup a 1D XBeach a run using a JONSWAP file for waves and a water level file for the tide and surge. The data is provided at 15 minute intervals.

When I plotted the zs to check the waves and water levels are propagating across the domain I find the water level drops and continues to drop to levels below the bathymetry. The tideloc file is set so the run goes from low water to low water so the levels should be going up as the tide rises. I'm sure I must be missing a setting in the params.txt, but can't spot what. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

I've uploaded the files to dropbox and included an image of the start water level (bule = zs, black = zb) and water level 30 sec later to show the problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3z1g8sv1b2uznc1/Test1.zip?dl=0

Cheers,
Jenny