bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

Non-Hydrostatic broken after revision 5387

JC
Jaime Calzada-Marrero, modified 1 Year ago.

Non-Hydrostatic broken after revision 5387

Capillary Posts: 18 Join Date: 3/4/14 Recent Posts

Hello,

I have been successfully running XBeach non-hydrostatic on many test cases. The non-hydrostatic version doesn't seem to be working after revision  5387.

Flux2759 of2759
   Writing short wave time series tonh_reuse.bcf
At line 2953 of file waveparamsnew.F90 (unit = 9998, file = 'nh_reuse.bcf')
Fortran runtime error: Left parenthesis required after '*'
(****(1X,E18.9))                                                                
  ^

I was looking to upgrade since rev 5387 is outputting 0.0 all the way for the 'H' output variable, and the svn log shows a lot of improvements after version 5387.

I'm now looking for a version that both runs non-hydrostatic and outputs the 'H' variable correctly.

I would appreciate if anyone can point me to the most recent revision where both of these features work.

Thanks a lot for your hard work on developing this awesome model!

-Jaime

JC
Jaime Calzada-Marrero, modified 1 Year ago.

RE: Non-Hydrostatic broken after revision 5387

Capillary Posts: 18 Join Date: 3/4/14 Recent Posts

Sorry for replying to my own post, but I found the solution.

line 2950 of waveparamsnew.F90 reads:

write(rowfmt,'(A,I4,A)') '(',1+5*(par%ny+1),'(1X,E18.9))'

The format specifyies limits grids to 1,998 cells in the ny direction. Increasd to 7 to accomodate larger grids.

write(rowfmt,'(A,I7,A)') '(',1+5*(par%ny+1),'(1X,E18.9))'