bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: 2 time-varying water level signals

HM
Héloise Muller, modified 5 Years ago.

2 time-varying water level signals

Wind Posts: 26 Join Date: 2/18/13 Recent Posts
Hi,

I have run a simulation with 2 time-varying water level signals on the offshore corners with tideloc=2 and paulrevere=1 and the output variable zs0 does not vary like the tide whereas it does with one time-varying water level signal at the offshore boundary, is it normal???
Thank you for your help!
cheers

Héloïse
Arnold van Rooijen, modified 5 Years ago.

Swell Posts: 239 Join Date: 11/7/11 Recent Posts
Hi Heloise,

I see that this post is already from some time ago. Did you manage to solve the problem? If not, can you attach your model setup?

Cheers,
Arnold
OM
Oussama Marzouk, modified 2 Months ago.

Capillary Posts: 9 Join Date: 3/9/19 Recent Posts

Hello Arnold,

I had tested the two time-varying water level signals, and i guess i have the same problem as Héloise.

I tried to put at two lateral boundaries two signals of water level as instructed in the manual, and it seems like Xbeach have a little problem interpolating the water level between the two boundaries (along the offshore boundary). (instability).

I tried also with tideloc = 4 (e.g injecting waterlevel at the 4 corners of my grid). And still the same problem.

However with one time varying signal at the offshore boundary, the run was a success and i had no problem with my water level in every cell of my grid.

Attached you my find my model setup. I put the same waterlevel signal  in both lateral boundaries and though, it still shows me an instable water level at the offshore boundary, it is very strange.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Oussama