bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: Time constrain criterium exceeded in all cells

OM
Oussama Marzouk, modified 1 Month ago.

Time constrain criterium exceeded in all cells

Capillary Posts: 9 Join Date: 3/9/19 Recent Posts

Hello XBEACH-X Users,

I am trying to run XBEACH X on MPI for a long simulation (15 days with morfac 25 to represent a morphological évolution of 1 year (Morfacopt = 1)).

After some hours of simulation, XBEACH crashes : computal time implodes/explodes with "Time constrain criterium exceeded in all cells" error message.

I can't manage to understand what is the source of the problem.

Please help me and thanks.

Cheers,

Oussama MARZOUK

OM
Oussama Marzouk, modified 1 Month ago.

RE: Time constrain criterium exceeded in all cells

Capillary Posts: 9 Join Date: 3/9/19 Recent Posts

Hello again,

I have figured out what was wrong with my model.

The offshore boundary is the wave generating boundary for XBEACH so you have to be careful with your water level, if the water level decreases until reaching the bathymetry (so there is a cell in the offshore boundary that is a dry cell),  XBEACH crashes. So be careful with setting up your model : setting up a grid with paying attention to your lowest water level in your signal => it has to be always above your bed level at the offshore boundary.

Cheers

Oussama.