bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: forcing more than one bichromatic waves in xbeach model

BN
Blessing Nwanosike, modified 1 Month ago.

forcing more than one bichromatic waves in xbeach model

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 5/20/19 Recent Posts

Dear Xbeach Users,

Please, I am new to xbeach modelling. I have successfully simulated some few runs of bichromatic waves with xbeach model. It has been a really exciting moment with lots of challenges. An example of the successful wave boundary condition in my parameter file are:

Hrms:

Tp:

Tlong:

Now, my challenge is how to force more than one bichromatic wave groups in the model. I mean using the same Hrms, Tp, Tlong1, Tlong2, Tlong3 as the case may be. How best can I include this into the parameter file in the xbeach model?

Any useful hint will be appreciated.

with regards,

Blessing

OM
Oussama Marzouk, modified 1 Month ago.

Capillary Posts: 9 Join Date: 3/9/19 Recent Posts

Hi Blessing,

I am not sure i understood you well, but if you want to simulate a group of waves you can do that by putting instat = jons. With this option  XBEACH can read a jonswap file (.txt) that represents a time varying wave signal.

You cangenerate these files easily with one function of Xbeach Matlab Toolbox : xb_generate_model. Check XBEACH Manual for more informations it is really helpful.

Cheers,

Oussama.

BN
Blessing Nwanosike, modified 1 Month ago.

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 5/20/19 Recent Posts

Hi Oussama,

Thanks, i will use this method to try the group form of the bichromatic waves. 

Thanks .

Blessing