When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

Back

Typo in roelvink.f90

MB
Michele Bendoni, modified 10 Days ago.

Typo in roelvink.f90

Capillary Posts: 1 Join Date: 11/1/18 Recent Posts

Dear all,

is it possible there is a typo in the present available trunk version of xbeach (version 1.23.5526 XBeachX, downloaded today)? When compiling (centos cluster), I got this error:

roelvink.F90(216): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [PI]
      s%Qb(i,:)   = 1 + 4/(3*sqrt(pi)) * (R**3 + 1.5d0*R) * exp(-R**2) - xerf(R)

substituting pi by par%px (also into s%D(i,:) = ...) solved the problem. Was it a typo or there is a reason for the use of a different variable for 3.14...?

cheers,

Michele

MD
Menno de Ridder, modified 7 Days ago.

RE: Typo in roelvink.f90

Capillary Posts: 5 Join Date: 9/18/18 Recent Posts

Hi Michele,

You are right. We wanted to rename the variable par%px to pi, but this should not yet be in the trunk. I updated the trunk with the correct version of roelovink.f90, where pi is replaced by par%px. Thanks for the update!

Cheers,

Menno