When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

Back

RE: wave direction

AF
ann fan, modified 2 Years ago.

wave direction

Capillary Posts: 9 Join Date: 4/11/17 Recent Posts
Hello ,

I created a curvilinear grid using Delft3D.
Since my bathymetry is land on the left and sea on the right, I use the parameter 'alfa' to rotate it 180 degrees with grid in the model.
My wave is from East, so I set 270 for mainangle because of the rotation.
However, the output file shows that the wave is from South and this confused me a lot.
I will really appreciate if anyone could help me with this.
Attached you could find the related files.

Best regards,

Ann
wave direction curvilinear grid
AS
arun svv, modified 7 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 1 Join Date: 4/22/15 Recent Posts

Hi Ann,

Did you able to solve this issue. Kindly help in this regard. I'm also facing the same issue.

regards

Arun

OM
Oussama Marzouk, modified 6 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 11 Join Date: 3/9/19 Recent Posts

Hi to all,

For XBEACH, the offshore boundary starts from the node number (1,1) until (1,ny).

So the angle 270 corresponds to the wave incidence at this offshore boundary.

I visualized your grid in RGFGRID and indeed your offshore boundary is south of your domain. So XBEACH generate waves from the south.

What you need to do is to rotate your grid administration : "Operations" --> "Grid" --> "Rotate grid administration" and always check the node numbers with "View' --> "Grid administration" --> "Node Numbers" so you can have a grid with the offshore boundary that you need for your case.

Try this out and let me know if it worked.

Cheers,

Oussama

OM
Oussama Marzouk, modified 6 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 11 Join Date: 3/9/19 Recent Posts

I saw that this post is very old, so maybe it's usefull for you Arun Svv ? since i presume that Ann fan did resolve this in 2 years :)

Cheers,