bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: Manual update?

David Thompson, modified 5 Years ago.

Manual update?

Capillary Posts: 13 Join Date: 6/16/11 Recent Posts
Deltares - was wondering if there is any initiative to update the XBeach manual? I think we all recognize that it is VERY out of date. Even for some of the experienced users, an updated manual could come in very handy when attempting to include new or personally unexplored functionality.

Since it resides with the source code on the repository, we could take a community approach to updating it. But, that could get messy.

Thanks,
Dave
Arnold van Rooijen, modified 5 Years ago.

Swell Posts: 239 Join Date: 11/7/11 Recent Posts
Hi Dave,

We acknowledge that the XBeach manual is getting pretty outdated, and we are making plans at the moment to start writing a new manual in the near future. The main reason why it has been taking long is that we often get to work on projects in which we can develop the code, but basically no one wants to pay for developing the manual.

Nevertheless, our plans to come up with a new version are serious. For the time schedule, much depends on availability of our staff, but we'll keep you posted on our progress.

Until then, I'm afraid you will have to use the code itself as a manual ;).

Cheers,
Arnold
AA
Adri antoth, modified 17 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 1 Join Date: 9/30/19 Recent Posts
Good day very nice web site!! Guy... Excellent. Wonderful.. will bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally. Im satisfied to search out a lot f helpful information right here in the publish; we need work out extra techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. Your article is extremely striking. Beautifully written, too. I found so many interesting things on this forum and will certainly recommend it to all. https://essayacademia.com/ Its fastidious dialogue on the topic of this piece of writing at this place at this weblog, I have read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.