bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

How to include buildings in XBEACH

CG
CHRISTINE GRALHER, modified 15 Days ago.

How to include buildings in XBEACH

Capillary Posts: 1 Join Date: 11/5/19 Recent Posts
Hi, I am working on an XBEACH model that needs to include the dissipation of wave energy due to vegetation and buildings. I have found some information on how to include vegetation but I have not found any information on how to include buildings. Have there been any studies or is there a good work around you would suggest? Thank you! Christine 
CS
Constantin Schweiger, modified 15 Days ago.

RE: How to include buildings in XBEACH

Wind Posts: 25 Join Date: 1/20/17 Recent Posts
Hi Christine,

the only way I can think of is using the hardlayer function. You basically generate a file similar to your dep file where you define the maximum allowed erosion depth for each cell. If there is a building, you assign a value of zero. In oder to include buildings to your digital elevation model, if currently not included, you could manually manipulate the z information using ArcGIS or QGIS, for instance.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Constantin