bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

Tidal input from offshore boundary

KK
Koya Kashima, modified 7 Months ago.

Tidal input from offshore boundary

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 4/18/19 Recent Posts
Hi all.
I am a graduate student studying about the coastal erosion patterns under the storm surge and sea level rise.

In order to model my problem, I have experiencing an issue with the tide input.
When I try to input the tide, the output is showing from the land boundary(back). How can I input tides from the offshore boundary(front)?
I have used tideloc=1 and zs0file. I attached the file and an image of the simulation. Please provide me advice how can I improve my simulation results to input the tide at the offshore boundary (front).

Thanking you. 
Kashima
KK
Koya Kashima, modified 7 Months ago.

RE: Tidal input from offshore boundary

Capillary Posts: 2 Join Date: 4/18/19 Recent Posts
I have not solved the previous problem yet, however I am facing a new problem.

When I input the tide (as attached), a completely different water level is output.(PDF)
It seems that water is discharged outside the boundary.
As now, I am experiencing two problems as follows,
1.  Tidal is input from back boundary2. When I input the tide , a completely different water level is output
I have used tideloc=1 and zs0file.

Does anyone have come across this similar situation or any advice where should I check in order to change my setup file? Could you please help me!?

Thank you.