bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: Generate model using delf3d grid and bathymetry

GT
Giovannino Tanca, modified 4 Years ago.

Generate model using delf3d grid and bathymetry

Capillary Posts: 9 Join Date: 9/27/15 Recent Posts
Hi,
I made the grid and bathymetry using delft3d (RGFGRID module and QUICKIN module).
Therefore, I have two files: xy.grd and bed.dep, in delf3d format.
How can I generate the model using matlab toolbox?
In particular, how can I use the function xb_generate_model providing such input files?

Thanks

Giovannino

i wrote these commands:

xbi=xb_generate_model('waves',{'type','jonswap','Hm0',1.5,'Tp',6,'s',10},...
'settings',{'tstop',10800,'morfac',5,'morphology',1,'avalanching',1,'gwflow',0,'nonh',0,'sedtrans',1,'ships',0,'lwave',1,'swave',1,'vegetation',0,'D50',0.00032075,'D90',0.001422675});
xbi=xb_set(xbi,'gridform',delft3d,'xyfile',griglia_prova.grd,'depfile',prof_prova.dep,'nx',241,'ny',38,'posdwn',-1);

However I get the following error:
Undefined function or variable 'delft3d'.
MM
Marco Miani, modified 4 Years ago.

Wind Posts: 40 Join Date: 4/1/14 Recent Posts
Giovannino,

I have no the faintest clue about xb_generate_model scrpit. I have never used it. I simply created the input file (param.txt) manually, declaring grid explicitly grid name and dep name. That is it.

Have you had the chance to explore the user manual?

Cheers
M
SM
sweetz mwtey, modified 1 Month ago.

Capillary Posts: 9 Join Date: 12/4/19 Recent Posts