bug message reminder

When adressing a model crash or bug, please remember to include an entire model setup in your post that reproduces the crash or exposes the bug. Also add the XBlog.txt file. This is necessary information for people that are trying to help you. Including your model setup can be achieved by adding the zipped run directory (excluding output) as an attachment to the post.

Forum

RE: Going 2D tutorial not working

ND
Nick DiCosmo, modified 3 Years ago.

Going 2D tutorial not working

Capillary Posts: 3 Join Date: 11/17/16 Recent Posts
I simply copied all of the matlab script from the tutorial page and I am not getting the same plots as are shown on the tutorial page. Specifically, using the xb_grid_rotation function, I get no rotation (alpha comes out to be zero). And when running the final section of code, the bathymetry does not change from what is originally loaded from the url and no sandwalls are added. Has anyone else had this issue or have any idea what could be going on??

Best,

Nick
Arnold van Rooijen, modified 3 Years ago.

Swell Posts: 239 Join Date: 11/7/11 Recent Posts
Hi Nick,

We have been having a few messages from people with similar errors. It seems related to the Matlab toolbox rather than XBeach. The tutorials you are referring to are pretty much outdated and we have started the process of renewing them.

That may still take a few weeks/months so for now I would recommend to use the manual (http://oss.deltares.nl/documents/48999/49476/XBeach_manual_Kingsday.pdf) for information/inspiration and try to set up a simple simulation for your case, rather than trying to reproduce the tutorials.

Apologies for the confusion.

Cheers,
Arnold
ND
Nick DiCosmo, modified 3 Years ago.

Capillary Posts: 3 Join Date: 11/17/16 Recent Posts
Hi Arnold,

Thank you for the response. I have been trying to start by just prescribing a tidal time series and seeing if I can model that. I can get that to work in the 1D case, but cannot in the 2D case. When I try to prescribe a tidal time series in the 2D case, all I see is the water level fluctuating at the boundary, but not through the entire domain. I understand that the tide is only prescribed at the boundary, but I thought you would see the tidal signal present everywhere after the model run is finished, but maybe I am not understanding exactly what the model is doing?

I have attached a matlab structure (xb.mat) of my input file (which I am calling with xb_run.m), the params.txt file, and the tide.txt file. I will greatly appreciate if you can shed some light on how to apply a tidal signal.

Best,

Nick
SM
sweetz mwtey, modified 8 Days ago.

Capillary Posts: 16 Join Date: 12/4/19 Recent Posts
GA
GHDSPORTS APP, modified 1 Day ago.

Capillary Posts: 1 Join Date: 2/20/20 Recent Posts
Thank you for sharing this useful article information.I am really impressed with the article you provided. GHD SPORTS APP