Community header

Forum

Error after the end of the simulation

Anonymous, modified 3 Years ago.

Error after the end of the simulation

My model completed the simulation until the end but at the messages that appear after the end of the simulation I have an error message :ERROR Water level change too high >      25.00 m (per 0.5 DT) after 64897 timesteps in the following points: 
           (m,n) = (482,17), s0, s1, abs(s0-s1):    0.204E+03 ,    0.140E+03 ,    0.639E+02
*** ERROR Flow exited abnormally 
however, the simulation did not stop and completed until the end and when I checked the results I did not notice something strange. should I do something or neglect this error and go on with the results I have?
another remark: I have 362 grid *26 grid and the error at grid 482*17 which does not exist in my model

thumbnail
Victor Chavarrias, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Error after the end of the simulation

Famous Fortune teller Posts: 98 Join Date: 4/24/20 Recent Posts
Hi, 

That is strange. If is says "flow exited abnormally" it means the simulations did not reach the end. There are several things to consider. Text is appended in the diagnosis file (i.e., the dia-file). Hence, if you rerun a simulation without erasing the dia-file, the comments of all simulations will be following each other. Is the comments "ERROR Flow exited abnormally" the last one in the file? is there anything else following it? The fact that even the grid is different may also indicate that the dia-file has not been erased and a different grid has been used in a second simulation. 

Summarizing. Please check what is below the error message and what is last in the file. I would suggest to always erase the dia-file before starting the run. 

Please let me know if this helps. 
Adam Ismael, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Error after the end of the simulation

Keen Forecaster Posts: 4 Join Date: 12/29/20 Recent Posts
Yes, that is working. these messages related to another simulation. when I erased the tri-diag file and did the simulation again these messages did not appear. thank you for your help emoticon