Community header

Forum

Coupling multiple 2D grids to a 1D river model

Vera Kingma, modified 2 Years ago.

Coupling multiple 2D grids to a 1D river model

Keen Forecaster Posts: 8 Join Date: 5/4/21 Recent Posts
Hi, 

I made a 1D model of a river. In order to model how floods along the river will develop, I want to add 2D grids at 6 different locations. Below I show how I tried to do this. 

1. I made the 1D model in D-HYDRO 1D2D. 
2. I open the 2D tab and select 'grid'. Then I click on 'Spatial Operations' and import 6 different bedlevel samples (.xyz files). 
3. I click with right mouse on 'Grid' and import the first 2D grid (created in RGFGRID by growing a grid from polygon and exported as U-GRID).
4. Then I click on 'Copy to spatial data' and finally on 'Interpolate'. Then I generate links between the 1D and 2D model and run it. 

However, this only works when I do it for one of the 2D grids. When I try to repeat this process, the interpolation button is disabled or the first grid dissapears again. Is it somehow possible to generate the model like this? 

I tried creating a combined grid in RGFGRID that includes all the six grids, but also then, just one of the grids get uploaded. 

Does anyone have a tip on how to solve this? 

Vera

Tjitske Geertsema, modified 2 Years ago.

RE: Coupling multiple 2D grids to a 1D river model

Keen Forecaster Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/11/21 Recent Posts
Hi Vera,

I would advice to first create all grids and thereafter interpolate the bed level samples one by one. 

Best regards,
Tjitske
Vera Kingma, modified 2 Years ago.

Keen Forecaster Posts: 8 Join Date: 5/4/21 Recent Posts
 Hi Tjitske, 

Thanks for your reply. I tried to do that but I am not able to add different grids because when importing a new grid (U-GRID), the old one dissapears. 
Is it possible to create a file with unconnected grids in RGFGRID? Or add different NetFiles to the mdu? 

Best, Vera

Tjitske Geertsema, modified 2 Years ago.

Keen Forecaster Posts: 2 Join Date: 3/11/21 Recent Posts
Hi Vera,

In the latest release GUI version 1.0.0.53506, this issue should be resolved. I just loaded 3 grids into the GUI without any problem.

Since, your company is part of a TKI project, you can send your data to 1d2d-beta.support@deltares.nl and I will look into your issue.

Best, Tjitske